Selling a home in today’s market is tough. The question is when is the best time to sell and market a home? The answer is Spring. Fact is that most home buyers start looking at potential homes to buy during the spring season. There are many reasons for this.
- They have been dreaming of a home all winter but it’s been too cold to browse neighborhoods.
- Buyers would like to enjoy their summer in their new home.
- Buyers with kids would like to be settled in before the school season starts.
These are just some of the reasons why Spring is considered the peak selling season. Now what steps should you take in selling your home?
- Contact a Realtor to give you a detailed analysis of current market trends.
- Hire an Inspector to identify any repairs that should be made.
- Hire a handy man to make all minor repairs and put a fresh coat of paint on the inside and outside of the house. Buyers tend to like homes that are well kept.
- Make sure your Realtor is aggressive in marketing your home online. 88% of home buyers use the internet as their main tool when looking for a home.
These are just some basic tips to prepare your home for a sale.
What is your Goal?
- To maximize selling price?
- To sell quickly?
- Do you need to move fast?
- Do you need money for a down payment of a new home?
- How competitive do you want to be versus other homes on the market?
For Sale by Owner or a Realtor?
This is an interesting topic. It is a well known fact that Realtors earn good money when a home is sold. Why is that? The simple answer is that a Realtor is a person who has made it their profession helping people to buy and sell real estate. They are like Doctors, Lawyers, Mechanics, CPA’s and Athletes.
Realtors need to be licensed by the state. This is because Real Estate is complex and tends to be a persons largest financial expenditure in their life time. So what do they do?
- Realtors stay focused on Current Market Conditions.
- They Market your home in a way that will attract the most buyers possible.
- Help you strategize on the best way to market and sell your home.
- Realtors spend money to market a property.
- Organize open houses.
- While you are at work they are working to sell your home.
- When offers come in they can screen the serious buyers from the casual buyers.
Why not sell it on your own?
- Selling a home with a professional can take an average of 3 to 6 months. Selling a home on your own can take over a year or more.
- Realtors know how to negotiate for the maximum value of your home.
- Buyers know that you are looking to save the commission by not using a Realtor and tend to come in with very low ball offers.
- Statistically Realtors are more successful at selling a home faster and for more money.
- Do you really have time to handle all the logistical aspects of selling a home?
- Realtors work with other Realtors to get deals done. Example: In my MLS organization there are over 7000 Realtors and the average Realtor is working with 3 Buyer Clients at any given time. That means they have access to a total of 21,000 buyers in total.
- How many Buyers do you have access too?